Corrupted colors

Found a bug?

Corrupted colors

Postby svg2embr » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:28 am

The colors in the converted .exp is changing for each svg path. So if you carefully pick your colors while you design the svg this will be corrupted in the exp file.

It's just that I did not experiment og research to find out how this should be done. When I do my own work I don't care which color the paths have because I just change the colors of the thread as I know what it should be. My designs are never very complicated at least not regarding colors.

So if someone could tell me how the exp format work for colors I might correct it. I did not find any good description of this.

Is correct color choice important you?
Working mother of two.
Sewing on Singer Futura C-350.
svg2embr
Site Admin

Re: Corrupted colors

Postby mikel_irastorza » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:58 am

What a pity!
I found my design had 56 different colours when passing to Bernina software. So it was quite slow because on each change of colour the machine stops (well, I have to investigate wether I can change anything when embroidering to make all the colours the same)
And second choice, gather all the paths in Inkscape.

I would thank you if you write when you find the solution.

Best wishes.
Wish the day had 30 hours

mikel_irastorza

Postby Tatarize » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:10 pm

Typically in most stitch based Embroidery formats there is no storage of colors. The colors typical method for this is that there is a STOP and an END and a TRIM the solution is to call the color switch at STOP. These are typically color change indicators for the machine. Then TRIM which in some formats isn't explicit though in some like DSTs it's a sequence of JUMPs in a manner that is utterly stupid. (+2,+2), (-4,-4), (+2, +2) if memory serves. In EXP the trim is hex 80 02, whereas the stop is 80 01. Simply TRIM then do JUMPs to the next location hex 80 04 xx yy. Without telling the machine to stop, it won't think there's a color change needing to be manually done (or by the machine in most of the modern ones).
Tatarize

Postby Tatarize » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:15 pm

In just about every case, the machine isn't told by the file which head to use or how the machine is loaded. That information is typically entered manually. It's an old holdover from the domination of singlehead machines in the industry. So the machine is programmed such that after the next stop it goes *back* to needle 3. But, that's not in the file itself, it's data one manually programs into machine.

Consequently the format can only tell if there was no color change or a color change, it cannot tell if you went back to a thread you already used, as in the file it's identical to going to another thread.
Tatarize

Return to Error reports