lines are to long

Seek and you shall find

lines are to long

Postby frankads » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi i made an vector image. in illustrator. later on i imported it in inkscape.

It looks like this

then i converted it with your tool. but it seems the stiches are to long. for example look at the eye brows or the sword. This is the output viewed in embroidermodder

what am is doing wrong

i also attached the files.
Attachments
lego.zip
(6.35 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
frankads

Re: lines are to long

Postby svg2embr » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:11 pm

Interesting. When I open this in TrueSizer I do not get the lines too long. I've been using TrueSizer to finetune my code and it also seem to work correctly with the software of my embroidery machine (Singer Futura).

Anybody know why this is different among the different softwares? Is it somehow jumpstitches that is visualized in some viewers and not in others? Did you try to sew this file?
TrueSizeViewerLego.png
TrueSizeViewerLego.png (64.18 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
Working mother of two.
Sewing on Singer Futura C-350.
svg2embr
Site Admin

Postby readchapter3 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:44 pm

I could be wrong, but I think the Truesizer output is the "correct" one :)
readchapter3

Postby Tatarize » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:43 am

The truesizer output is correct. The Embroidermodder sourcecode contains the very important note:

/* TODO: How to encode JUMP stitches? JUMP must be handled. Also check this for the KSM format since it appears to be similar */
https://github.com/Embroidermodder/Embroidermodder/blob/master/libembroidery/format-exp.c

The jumps are encoded as 80 04 in hex. Like 80 01 to trim then 00 00 then 80 04 xx yy for the jumps. The Embroidermodder doesn't account for this and consequently seems to be calling 80 04 a trim, and then stitching the first jump stitch, quite wrongly. But, it's not repeatedly calling trim, it's indicating the next stitch is a jump stitch. 80 04 means don't invoke the needle.

My own app (Touch Embroidery) for Android loaded the svg properly. And svg2embroidery properly converted it exp. Embroidermodder has the bug (still, and it'll exist in libEmbroidery too).
Tatarize

Return to I have a question